Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tutorial - Lighting Effects Parts 1 & 2





My Tutorial has been written on creating lighting effects using proximity triggers to change an objects material glow parameter. To highlight my deeper understanding in this area I have included how to make multiple instantiated objects glow using 1 trigger, use multiple instantiated triggers to make 1 light glow and to make multiple triggers each with their own light glow. This meant that I had to break the video down into two shorter tutorials as it was quite long.

My original tutorial was recorded using CamStudio and I was able to break this down to produce the first video using Sony Vegas. However the second video needed editing and then I was confronted with massive rendering issues. The CamStudio clips were HD but when I put them in Sony Vegas they created glitches. Finally Rabi Deheini guided me to CamTasia and I was then able to quickly remake my 2nd tutorial using Camtasia Recorder and Studio and upload it to YouTube without any hitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment